Update #3: PHOTO PRO IS NOW HERE! →
Thank you to everyone for your contributions and feedback!
Update #2 (Jan. 12th):
You guys have provided excellent feedback and feature request, I’ve been trying to get everyone request built in! Here’s all the new features that have been recently added based on your requests!
- Lightbox EXIF Popup. Lot of work put into proper EXIF support. Displaying EXIF will be a group toggle. IF enabled, lightbox images that have EXIF data will get an info icon that appears next to the image caption, clicking the icon will show generous EXIF data in a slick popup. Will also display Apple Photos IPTC data too.
- Lightbox Meta Caption. Select a specific meta data type to overwrite the default lightbox caption.
- Lightbox Link. Photo Groups now have a custom name input for triggering that lightbox group when that custom name is added to any RapidWeaver link.
- Lightbox Video. Single image settings now have a video input field. Enter a YouTube or Vimeo video url, and that video will be shown (instead of an image) in the lightbox. Basically a thumbnail image launches the lightbox, and a hosted video can be shown.
- Lightbox Zoomed. Single images now get a “Lightbox Zoomed” setting, when selected that image will zoom in by default when viewing in the lightbox. Great for panorama images, for example.
- Multi Step Zoom. Zooming an image will now start at 50% (of the original image size), and step increase to 75%, then 100%.
- Lightbox Copyright. An input field to enter your copyright information. This text will appear just below your image caption for all lightbox images. Color adjustable.
There were a few requests that I liked, but wont make it in the new Photo stack launch… Image search, lazy load, and exif data on thumbnails. These would have to be added in an update down the road. You feedback for Photo has been TOP NOTCH, thank you!!
What’s NEW coming in Photo 2 (Jan. 7th):
- New Thumbnail Styles. New and improved thumbnail layout options.
- 100% Color Adjustable. The entire Photo layout (thumbnails, lightbox, etc.) can be adjusted with Stack color pickers.
- New RapidWeaver Stack Edit look. So much nicer to work with in every way.
- New improved Lightbox layout. Photo 2 adds many new features accessible to the visitor, the new streamlined lightbox layout make those new controls easy to get to.
- Dedicated lightbox settings for each photo group. This makes lightbox settings faster and easier to setup, and allows for customized lightbox experiences for each photo group.
- Dedicated thumbnail handling. For each thumbnail you can choose to use the full size image, or have Stacks generate a low resolution thumbnail, or drop in your own thumbnail image.
- Photo Group Hide. Hiding a group of images is now a quick click, compared to Photo 1 where images had to hidden one by one…
- Photo Group Protect. Image protection can now be add on a per group basis.
- Photo Group Thumbnail Columns. Adjusting the column count for Laptop, Tablets, Large Phones and Phones, is super easy now!
- Photo Batch Captions. Captions generated from image file name.
- Photo Batch Collections. Batch now can be use to create Gallery Collections (In Photo 1 this was not possible).
- Photo Batch Thumbnails. A separate resource folder can be used to generate thumbnails.
- Photo Batch Resources. Photo Batch now sources images from a RapidWeaver Resource folder (images can be named anything, compared to the original Photo where images had to be sequentially named for Batch usage, and added to a server manually).
- Thumbnail hide from lightbox. Useful for having a thumbnail trigger, but then not wanting that same image in the lightbox gallery.
- Lightbox Fullscreen. Enable to let people click a toggle, taking the lightbox to full screen (like youtube videos can).
- Lightbox Image Download. Enable to let people download the full size version of the viewed image.
- Lightbox Social Sharing. A viewed lightbox image can be shared on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. This shared URL will take someone to your website, and automatically open the lightbox, and show that exact image. Wild!
- Lightbox Group Thumbnails. Optionally show all group image thumbnails below the large viewed lightbox image.
- Lightbox Slideshow. Optionally have lightbox images autoplay your group images, with customizable timing settings.
- Lightbox Add to Cart. Every wanted to sell the images used in your lightbox gallery? Now you can each image as a digital download with Photo 2 and Cartloom! Beyond that, any physical or digital Cartloom product can be sold from a lightbox image.