Turn any text or image into RapidWeaver link that can open a specific lightbox gallery. Links can even trigger hidden photo galleries. Multiple hidden galleries can exist on your page, waiting to be shown with your custom links. Assign a lightbox keyword to a group, that then can be use for links.
Lightbox link setup:
- Open the Photo Pro Group stack settings.
- Go to Group Settings → Lightbox Link, and enter a unique keyword, (or lowercase and dashed term) for this photo group. This keyword is a hidden value only used for lightbox linking, and will never be publicly visible.
Lightbox link usage:
- Highlight any text or image you’ve added to RapidWeaver, and using the link tool, convert the text or image into a link.
- A RapidWeaver link popup will appear, ignore the URL field, and add a Custom Attribute by clicking the [+] icon.
- For the Name, enter “data-lightbox-link”
- For the Value, enter the lightbox link keyword or term you assigned to the photo group you want to show.
- Click “Set Link”. Now clicking this link will launch this group lightbox.
- The photo group you want to link to, must be on present on the page for the lightbox link to work. In other words, a lightbox link cannot show a lightbox that’s on a different page, but can show a hidden lightbox on the same page.
7 responses to Lightbox Link Setup
seems like you have the wrong video here
Ah, thanks! The video is now updated.
Thanks Nick… nice feature!
Step 3 under Lightbox link usage should be:
Just spent an hour to figure out why data-photo-group doesn´t work.
Gues it is from the Photo stack.
You describe it correctly in the video though.
Oh no, my apologies for that Henrik! I’ve have now fixed that wording, thank you so much for point that out. Yes, the other wording is for the Photo stack.
Hi Nick, I use Foundry and linking the lightbox works well with setting the link into a text paragraph, but not when i link an image or a header to the lightbox. Did I do anything wrong? Best, Onno
Hm.. Should be the same process for lightbox linking any text or image media. Could you send an example page of this not working so I can test? Please send to email@example.com. Thanks.